Child Development Classes
Classes start at the Healthplex September 16th
Why are more parents choosing Future Captain Sports?
Through a variety of games and activities, your child can develop their motor skills, build self confidence, and learn about the game of soccer! Our coaches are energetic, enthusiastic, and have carefully crafted a curriculum to keep kids engaged throughout the session.
- Small class sizes help ensure your child gets personal attention.
- Rain or shine, classes are always nice and dry at our indoor facility!
- $80 for 8 weeks of classes and no registration fees!
- Each child receives a Future Captain Sports T-shirt and Certificate of Completion at the end of the season.
- We offer a sibling discount! Enroll your child in a class and each additional sibling will receive $10 off enrollment for the same session. Siblings are defined as children who reside in the same household and are under the care of the same parent or guardian.
Grow and Play!
Future Captain Sports' curriculum has been specially designed to ensure that your child enjoys coming to our classes and learns skills that will help them grow both on and off the field. We believe that this approach builds stronger fundamentals skills, a better understanding of the game, and an appreciation for sportsmanship and teamwork.
Soccer balls, obstacle courses, parachutes, and tunnels keep kids engaged and moving. We keep our classes fun, so your kids want to come back for more! Physical benefits include:
- The three elements of fitness: endurance, strength and flexibility
- Strengthening gross motor skills by running, kicking and throwing the ball
- Enhancing children’s balance and coordination
- Putting children on the path to a healthy future during their earliest months and years
Social & Emotional Development
By providing a safe and supportive environment, children in our classes have the opportunity to:
- Play and make new friends
- Learn how to share and take turns
- Build confidence in their abilities and become more independent
- Support their teammates
There is a growing body of research focused on the association between education and physical activity. As part of our Child Development Classes, your child will practice:
- Listening Skills
- Focus and concentration
- Color, shape, and number recognition
- Following instructions
Children will be placed into age-appropriate groups based on registration.
Good Sports: Ages 18 months to 2 ½
Good-Sports introduce structure and rules of soccer through fun games and interaction with constantly changing activities that keep them focused. Good Sports focuses on group dynamics, listening skills, basic coordination skills, and balance. Classes are 45 minutes long and adult participation is required.
Play Makers: Ages 2 ½ to 3
Play-Makers familiarize athletes with the rules of soccer. Parents and kids, led by one of our instructors, play organized games together with an emphasis on listening skills, basic coordination skills and balance. This class creates a sense of independence for the Play-Makers. As athletes progress through the session and become ready for more independence, parents can choose to transition to a less active role in the class. Classes are 45 minutes long.
Role Models: Ages 3 and 4
Role-Models learn the fundamental skills like dribbling, passing, trapping, and scoring of soccer through organized games. Athletes will become more independent on the ball. Classes are 45 minutes long.
Team-Players: Ages 5 and 6
Team-Players get to know soccer through fun games and non-competitive, yet challenging play. Team-Players will build basic soccer skills such as dribbling, passing, trapping, and scoring. Team-Players will also build confidence on the field with a focus on sportsmanship and team play. Classes are 45 minutes long.
Do you schedule classes for private groups?
Yes! Future Captain Sports works with local child care providers to create age-appropriate classes at your location. Whether at your location or at our facility, Future Captain Sports' coaches will tailor a program to suit your needs! Please contact Scott@FutureCaptainSports.com or call 302 907 9742 for more details.